Thursday, July 19, 2007

things i have foolishly taken apart and cannot put back together... this week.

i'm becoming a deconstructionist:

1. pentax smc 1:2 50mm lens

2. 80's era betsey johnson party dress

3. Sear's Roebuck Tower 120 camera

4. driver's side door to pink geo tracker

5. powerbook g4 (most concerned about this one)

sometimes i like to think that if i take it apart and put it back together all by myself, i'll understand how it works. i never get to that understanding.



i have spent the day scanning negatives from all my highschool travels shot with my pentax k1000 and the above 50mm lens which very unfortunately did not survive a particularly exasperating metra ride to Fox Lake last thanksgiving. so i figured what the hell, it's not working now... let's take it apart. it was interesting until i attempted to put it back together.

that camera has been to england, france, germany, italy, romania, hungary, austria, and the czech republic with me. we're rather attached. i don't care how much nicer any of my newer equiptment is... i still shoot with it, take it everywhere, and get what i want from it: my life on film.




i always preffered playing with legos when i was little. i was much better with legos.

i have erased the harddrive on my powerbook twice now and i have decided it is a lost cause.

the driver's side door to my car has decided it's about time to fall off.

my mother called me sobbing today because the cat died. this happened ironically in the middle of a long conversation with pete barerras about parents getting older and dying. looking at too many old photos. sam, niki, jane, kim and i in prague. never knew how good we had it. i would go back in a heartbeat if i could.

it's been a really strange few days. i hate hearing my mom cry.

1 comment:

Crows Feet said...

aww i-m sorry babe. and leave the fixin for the doctah