Tuesday, November 20, 2007

inventory


yesterday was an interesting day. elise and suzy have been nagging me about making lists thinking that this might help clear the non-linear chaos of my mind. normally i avoid this practical practice because... well because i can't actually say. maybe i feel like if i make it through the chaos in my own time/space/manner of coping then hey!

anyways, the thought came to me while i should have been taking notes on the battle of algiers (which is actually an excellent movie) that i was going to start listing the emotional clutter as well.

then i had a long conversation with a very drunk boy last night that made me realize a few things: we experience the same patterns of behavior with the same situations. all my relationships have consisted of the same components just a new face, a new set of circumstances.

it kind of inspired me ask if anyone else wants to play?

write it down, the emotional stuff you are sifting through. an inventory of heartaches or frustrations that somehow alleviate themselves when they are no longer abstracted thoughts but meaningless items waiting to be checked off a marginal agenda.

i love seeing hand written things. would anyone like to share their "lists"? it's like peeking at someone's journal... I'm going to start collecting and posting if anyone's interested in sharing.

3 comments:

Maia said...

interesting. I'm into this..but what perspective are you attending too with writing the chaos down?

sydney jw said...

ill make one tooo!

miss you

florida's warm
but my family is cold.

kinda sucks.

Chiara said...

i'm not really sure... maybe if i get it down it's not bouncing around in my head anymore... or maybe not, my mind rarely ever shuts up. i guess for me it's interesting to think about life as an inventory of experiences.