Wednesday, June 20, 2007

dear david from the genius bar... i love you

i have my baby back, and by that i mean my 15in powerbook, and yes her name is geena. don't ask. with that being said i'm quite tempted to spend the rest of the day restoring her to full glory with all my images, music and software (appropriated? at that) however... i have a long paper i have been trying to write for the past week (since she crashed) on the harlem renaissance and the artist Romare Bearden who's work i can appriciate, but who's life and movement i know nothing about.

i just want to put photoshop back on my damn computer so i can put some camping pictures up, but here are some of bearden's images. he's known for mixed media collage though he was trained primarily as a painter. if anyone is interested the met has a fun little interactive web presentation on him. [here] it's geared toward children... i would like to figure out how some of the animation is done on it. there is a long panaramic piece that you can zoom in and out on. how sweet would that be for my pinhole panaramas? I'm still going back and forth as to whether or not i will include some of my mixed media pieces in my website or if i want it to be strict photography. I guess we'll see how they scan.

"The Calabash", 1970
"Enchanter in Time"
"The Dove", 1964 is what I will be writing about.


today is a day i'd much rather be making art than theorizing about it. i hope i will never get to the point where all i can do is analyze things to death... i know i can do that with my own life quite easily so i hope that doesn't seep its way into everything else i do.

No comments: